Several months ago I agreed to receive a promotional package in the mail.If I took the offer I would pay so much a month and receive big discounts at gas stations and other places.
After I hung up the phone I thought why did I agree to this offer? Oh well, I thought, I'll just cancel it when the package arrives in the mail since I have thirty days to decide. When the package arrived I found the cancellation phone number and cancelled the offer, thinking that was the end of it. What I didn't know was that hidden in all the brochures and pamphlets was a magazine subscription.
This subscription was one that automatically went into effect if I DIDN'T cancel in 2 months. I didn't cancel it because I didn't even see it and I thought cancelling the gas savings deal would cancel everything. A few days ago the lady called me up to confirm my address or something. I said what for?
She said for the magazine subscription. I said what magazine subscription? It seems that I agreed to a 3 yr subscription to a bunch of *** magazines for a total of $1,700. I was LIVID.
I raved and ranted and then hung up the phone. She called me back and said hanging up the phone isn't going to get you out of the subscription. Then she offered me a deal where she would get the subscription down to 2 1/2 years and reduce the monthly charge by ten dollars. Like an *** I agreed to it.
After thinking about it I called back and got another girl. I told her that I didn't want any magazine subscription whether it was the one that came with the gas savings offer or the one that I was offered at the reduced number of months and payments. The girl said the only transaction she had for me was the one I had just made that day, so I cancelled it and got a confirmation number. Then I cancelled my master card and ordered a new one.
So far I haven't received any magazines, and if I do I will not open them.
The first lady who called me said they had already billed the magazine company so I was oblligated to pay.What should I do?
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Magazine Subscription
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "We went to Save a lot to buy a few things like we always do but this week May-21-2015 we picked up a Gallon of 2% milk (White) and got..."
- "Thieves broke into Sentry safe stole everything.They use pry bars on the door separated the door broke the welds from the inner door and bent the lock mechanism to open...."
- "I bought a 10X diopter magnifier florescent hobby desk lamp from eHobbyTools several years ago on eBay. When it arrived I was instantly concerned about replacing the circular florescent bulb..."
- "Got the hose as a gift. 1st use, it wouldn't work because the end attached to my faucet leaked. My friend tried to fix it by replacing the..."
- "I placed an order on Aug 14, 2015. Today is Oct 29th. After 2 phone calls and 4 emails, I still have not gotten my order, and now they are..."
- "Im am currently not satisfied with my final denture. Theyre to bulky for my mouth not to mention I look like a horse. I addressed my complaints with the office..."
- "RICARDO SAENZ IS A SCAM! DO NOT HIRE RICARDO SAENZ! I hired him to help handle my mother's affairs and he stole money from her and charged her..."
- "I went for Spacedigitalx PR for my Kickstarter campaign last week. After receiving a terribly written press release, I requested my money back. They refused because they already started and..."
- "Well this huddle house in my town keeps changing owners over and over each one loosing more and more business it is awful!! We wait FOREVER EVERYTIME we go! They..."